Yeah. I know. I should avoid doing countdowns that involve contests considering exactly how much time I have around the holidays.
On the upshot, I have finished all of the prize baskets!
First place will win:
- A downloadable copy of the Piano Guys: A Family Christmas (via Amazon or iTunes).
- First pick of the handmade ornaments (you have the choice of a white star, a green sweater, or a little sock - pics to come when I've recharged my camera battery).
- Either a homemade gingerbread, or a gingerbread mix.
Second place will win:
- A downloadable copy of the Piano Guys: A Family Christmas
- Second choice of the handmade ornaments.
Third place will win:
- The remaining ornament.
The previous correct answer is b). St. Nicholas brought three boys back from the dead after they were murdered and pickled in brine. Legend has it that the murderer was planning on selling the cuts of boy meat as pork. Ew.
Today's pie is rhubarb (because why not).
Today's trivia question is:
Boxing day - the day after Christmas - is called such because:
a) you box up all the Christmas things
b) fruitcake used to be called "box cake" in Sweden
c) Italy used to hold boxing matches the day after the festivities
d) it is named after the traditional counting up of the money in the alms boxes